Sunday, August 23, 2009

[FOLLY, n. That "gift and faculty divine" whose creative and controlling energy inspires Man's mind, guides his actions and adorns his life.]
- - - - -

I have recently encountered an ingenius piece of literature known as the Devil's Dictionary. It is possibly the most interesting and most amazing book that I've ever seen, and I fell in love with it at first glance. The dictionary has never been seen in a clearer light before. The quote above comes directly from the text.

Before any of you get ideas that I believe in the Christian devil, stop yourselves. This book has nothing to do with the devil, it is simply a rather...intriguing, yes that's the word...adaption of the English dictionary. It states things honestly and simply, discarding all the ridiculous political bull that usually gets in the way of what people really want to say. It's the funniest book I've ever read, though I've only made it through A and B, and I definately think that anyone with a sense of humour or an intelligent, quizzical brain in their head should take a peek at. (For these reasons, I reccomend the viewing of this dictionary by Aily and Dec. Seriously, guys, check it out.)

In other news, my Webster's dictionary is ridiculously heavy and I have to carry it up and down a flight of stairs, so I doubt I'll be using it much anymore. I'll simply go to the Devil's Dictionary and base my vocabularly off of that. (Not really, but wouldn't that be so cool?!)

Thanks for tuning in for another advertisement that I tricked you into reading.

Damn. Isn't marketing a bitch?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates