Saturday, September 5, 2009

[edited to suit today, rather than yesterday when I FREAKING POSTED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.]
- - - - -
[COWARD, n. One who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.]
- - - - -

So the Full Moon was yesterday! I did a few minor rituals and spell-casting and I'm hoping some of them turn out to be successful. I woke up this morning pleased with myself; even my despicable excuse for an internet connection can’t get on my nerves today (well, not too much anyway…). I was a little wary about how I could have done the rituals without the Demonchild (brother) and the Dragonlady (mother) finding out. But as usual, I managed to figure something out. I always do.

In other news…Lies has actually moved forward a bit (roughly seven more pages), and I’m expecting about another couple chapters before it’s finished! Maybe my lack of patience for my neighbor’s internet has done some good after all.

Also, I promised y’all in the previous post that I would tell you a bit about the camping trip. So here’re a few things that I managed to rummage up from the depths of my subconscious.

It lasted four thousand years (Sunday thru Wednesday).

It was colder than Antarctica (roughly 60s the whole time).

There were enough trees to suffocate you (the forest=pwnage).

It smelled like burning flesh the whole time (more like fire and the great outdoors).

I was commanded to walk from Texas all the way to Canada before finally settling in New York (we did walk a lot, but hell – I lost a great deal of weight).

We were forced to sleep on rocks so numerous that there was hardly any ground at all (well…this one I can’t argue with; my neck is still really sore and I hurt in places that one should never hurt).

Other things to point out would perhaps be the fact that we stayed at a campsite the digits of which added up to 9, I heard whispering voices and scratching noises that freaked me the hell out, and we had ICE CREAM. Yes, ice cream. It was wonderful.

All in all, the trip was pretty fun, even though I’m not much of a camper. We also went to a lake, but I ended up only going in up to my ankles because it was so cold that I truly couldn’t move my feet. (Note to self: When standing in a lake of ice-water and flirting with a cute lifeguard, move feet constantly; otherwise, they stick to cold lake floor.)

We got back at half past midnight on Wednesday, and the moon was high in the sky. After a while of unpacking and another longer while of the ‘rents arguing up a storm, I fell into bed. It was 1:23am. Strangely enough, it didn’t bother me in the slightest. It’s like I’m used to it now.

But it’s really great to be back, and as soon as I get a normal people internet that doesn’t piss me off and works normally and doesn’t do not-normal things like shutting down without warning and erasing information that I have stored... *cough* Well, as soon as I get internet, this blog will be much more regular (regularer?), and I’ll be talking with my friends on AIM, Facebook, Myspace, and so forth.

Until then, I bid you all adieu, and hope you all had as pleasant a Full Moon as I did. (:

P.S. The squirrels in New York are like the Asians in Philly – they’re small, they travel in packs, and they look like they could kick your ass if need be. Note to self: Avoid New Yorker squirrel gangs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates